Wednesday, July 9, 2008

REIGN OF STARSCREAM - CONTEST #1


We all know that Starscream escaped being captured by Sector Seven. But what if he never made it into space? Where on Earth would he have gone to?

So that's the contest! Send me your photos of Starscream (in toy form... any version) visiting somewhere on our planet. Would he go back to Ohio to seek out the fembots of Botcon? Would he be hiding at a local coffee shop? Finally learning about human physiology at the beach with Barricade? Of course, he wouldn't travel far without a copy of his comic book, now would he? IT'S UP TO YOU!!!

The Deadline for the contest is July 31st.

Simply send your photo to this email address: zosan73@yahoo.com and use the subject line STARSCREAM CONTEST.

After the contest closes, a panel of judges (from IDW) will select the winner and two runner-ups (Honorable Mentions). For this first contest, the winners will receive:

FIRST PLACE:
The ORIGINAL proofs and editing materials (lettering guides, script, revisions, etc.) for REIGN OF STARSCREAM #1. These materials include dialog and layout changes never-before-seen. The winner will also receive copies of Issues #1, #2, and #3, along with the scripts for those issues. The issues will be signed by myself, Alex Milne, Josh Perez, and Denton Tipton.

HONORABLE MENTIONS:
The Honorable Mention winners will receive copies of Issues #1, #2, and #3, as well as a copy of the scripts for those issues. Signed, of course.

So get out there with your toys and comics and take some pictures!!!

For example, here's one of him admiring my designs in the TRANSFORMERS: PREMIERE EDITION VOLUME 1.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!

RULES:

• One entry per person (entries must include your full name).

• Toys should be in the movie style and can include the FAB and Robot Heroes, too. If you don't have one, any version of Starscream will do. You can use other toys if the scene allows it, but Starscream MUST be the focal point. He'd have it no other way.

• Be creative and HAVE FUN!


7 comments:

Shaun K said...

Man, I don't even have a movie Starscream figure of any kind.

How screwed up is that?

Chris Mowry said...

You're not out of luck... the rules state:

If you don't have one, any version of Starscream will do.

So there you have it.

Anonymous said...

when i was in Iran, i captured..

[img]http://gizmodo.com/assets/images/gallery/4/2008/07/thumb800x800_2671803052_21f6272a34_o.jpg[/img]

Anonymous said...

Ah man at this point I wish I had a starscream. I have Megatron though! hmmm.....you just might be pushing me to hunt for one and fast. I would love those prizes! They would indeed become prized possessions.

p.s. Of course he'd come back to Ohio for us ladies. That's clearly best choice. :P

Anonymous said...

Kind sir, is there any rule against a triptych? I have a series that work excellently.

Anonymous said...

Hmm... I'm pretty sure he'd come back to us, for general relaxation and down time. And fan-girling. He seems to enjoy that... XD

Anonymous said...

Oh God I hope someone answers this...

Does the contest close at 12:01 a.m. on July 31st, or at 11:59 p.m. on July 31st?
I am asking because my PC has been screwy for the past week, and I think it will be fixed tomorrow, but I don't know.

Also, I am assuming that there will be more contests?

DR